TRENDS Charitable Fund Grant Application Guidelines 2018
Please make sure you have reviewed the Applicant Requirements under Grant Information.
If you have any questions, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance. Below are the 2018 Guidelines for review, which will open in June of 2017. Please visit our Charities page for a list of those selected for our 2018 Charities.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS AND PROCEDURES
Monday, June 5, 2017: The 2018 TCF Grant Application Guidelines and 2018 TCF Grant Application will be available by either e-mailing a request to email@example.com or downloading online at www.trendscharitablefund.org. If you encounter any difficulties with these document files, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
Thursday, August 31, 2017: The TCF Grant Application postmark/mailing deadline is August 31, 2017. Applications must be postmarked on or before August 31, 2017 to be considered. It is expected that the application will not be received in the mail by TCF for a day or two later. Applications not postmarked by August 31, 2017 will not be considered and will not be mailed back. The applicant will be notified to pick up the application. If not picked up within 30 days, the application will be destroyed.
Announcement of Grant Recipients
The TCF Board of Directors will notify the grant recipients in November 2017.
Application Format and Required Supporting Materials
All applications must include five (5) typed hard copies. Handwritten applications will not be accepted.
When the application is complete and all required supporting materials are compiled and five (5) hard copies are made, please MAIL, no later than Thursday, August 31, 2017 to:
Trends Charitable Fund Board
Attn: TCF Grant Chairman
4400 North Scottsdale Road, 9-928
Scottsdale, AZ 85251
GROUNDS FOR APPLICATION REJECTION
- Applications that do not follow TCF guidelines and requirements, and/or applications that include additional extraneous printed materials such as annual reports, marketing brochures, data, information, videos, audios, photos or other objects beyond what is required, will be rejected without consideration to content and will not be mailed back, but applicant will be notified. If not picked up within 30 days, the application will be destroyed.
- Each question must be typed in the appropriate space provided on the application. You may not retype the application. “See attached” is not an acceptable response and applications answering in this format will be returned.
- Applications will be rejected that do not have the required signature on Section 2, Page 3.
- Applications not postmarked by August 31, 2017 will not be mailed back, but applicant will be notified. If not picked up within 30 days, the application will be destroyed.
- Five (5) hard copies of the application with the requested supporting materials. Applications will not be accepted by e-mail.
ORAL PRESENTATIONS/SITE VISITS OF PENDING APPLICANTS
TCF does not permit verbal communications or site visits between TCF Board Members and applicants with pending applications. In November 2017, the TCF Board will narrow the applications down to a list of potential finalists. At this juncture, the TCF may request that a brief oral presentations be made by all potential finalists to the TCF Board.
TCF CONFLICT OF INTEREST POLICY
The TCF Bylaws prohibit grants that would directly or indirectly benefit Trends Corporation doing business as Trends Magazine and its staff, and/or the TCF Board Members. TCF Board Members who are also Board Members on any applicant board or board of trustees must disclose their involvement and request to be recused from voting on the approval or disapproval of grants for that particular applicant. TCF Board Members are prohibited from discussing applications with applicants and prospective applicants outside of the application meeting and communication processes discussed in these Guidelines.
If your organization is chosen as a recipient, TCF is not required to grant the exact amount requested. New and/or existing programs will be considered. In all cases, TCF will give weight to whether the applicant has adequate financial resources independent of the TCF grant to sustain the program, if needed.
ORGANIZATION ACCOUNTABLILITY TO TCF
TCF will request that the organization make a minimum of one report back to the TCF Board during the grant year regarding the status of the program prior to the issuance of the second installment. This includes but is not exclusive to a written updated and detailed program action plan and explanation of the use of the funds as it relates to the original grant application.