FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ'S)
1. How much money should our organization apply for?
Historically, TCF grants have been issued in amounts ranging from $5,000 to $200,000; the amount varies from year to year depending on the amounts raised by TCF fundraisers and number of charities chosen for disbursement. For the 2013 grant cycle, it is advisable that applicants apply for programs requiring a minimum of $25,000. TCF has provided funding in the past to organizations for line-item budget items even when the TCF has decided not to approve the entire amount requested. Therefore, it is important that applicants submit both general organizational line-item budgets as well as the line-item budget for the specific program for which they apply to allow for flexibility in the TCF decision-making process.
2. How do I contact TCF with questions?
3. May our organization include extraneous printed materials in the application, such as annual reports, marketing brochures, data, information, videos, audios, photos or other objects beyond what is required?
No. Only the required materials and information will be accepted. Applications that include additional supportive information will be rejected and returned.
4. May our organization make an oral presentation to the TCF Board?
TCF does not permit verbal or written communications between TCF Board Members and applicants about pending applications. If your organization is chosen as a potential finalist in late October or early November, the TCF Board, at its discretion, may initiate phone calls in October to all finalists to request brief oral presentations to the TCF Board. Otherwise, personal contacts or presentations are not permitted except at the request of the TCF Board.
5. Do applications need to reach the TCF grant application mailing address by August 31, 2012?
No. Applications must be postmarked on or before August 31, 2012. Therefore, it is expected that the application will not be received in the mail by TCF for a day or two later. Hand-delivery is not accepted.
6. Does our organization need to fill out Section 5 Part A, B, and E Financial Summaries, if we have included a financial statement and line item reports?
Yes. Please follow the on line instructions.
7. May our organization e-mail to make sure our application has arrived?
8. When are funding decisions made?
Application reviews will be made from September through November. Grant recipients will be announced sometime in November.
9. If funded, when will our organization receive the funds?
Funds will be disbursed in two (2) equal installments. The first installment will be issued the January following the completion of the granting process. The second installment will be made in June. The second installment is contingent upon TCF receipt and approval of a written updated and detailed program action plan and explanation of the use of the funds as it relates to the original grant application.